Can You Heal Depression and Anxiety With Food?
Food is medicine...but is it really though?
In this episode I am interviewing my friend Dr. Nicole Lipman-Barile to discuss the role of food in our mental health. In this episode we discuss:
- Nicole's story and how she became interested in nutrition
- Why we can't make broad claims about nutrition and mental health
- Whether nutrition can be a viable alternative to medication for depression and anxiety
- The relationship between our "gut health" and mental health
- Genetics and other factors that contribute to mental health conditions
- Simple strategies that we can do to improve our mental health
Check out the episode to hear more.
Here is the link to Dr. Nicole's course if you are interested in it.