Processed Foods: Balancing Health, Cost, and Convenience
Processed foods have been another hot topic in recent years. Many people claim that they're unhealthy and should be avoided at all costs. However, the truth is that almost every food we eat is "processed" in some way. So, what exactly are processed foods, and how do they really affect our health?
In this episode of the podcast we are going to discuss:
- Why almost every food is a processed in some way
- The NOVA criteria for classifying processed and ultra-processed foods.
- The relationship between processed food consumption and health outcomes in the scientific research
- Reasons why processed foods can have negative effects
- Practical considerations for including processed food into your diet
Make sure you tune into the show to learn more.
If you want to support the show, you can do so here: